Battery powered stair lifts (DC stair lifts) are a sound investment for customers who reside in areas where power outages are a frequent occurrence due to grid errors or inclement weather. DC-operated stair lifts will continue to operate for as long as the battery holds a charge, ensuring that you can continue to safely traverse stairways in your home. Each stair lift has a charge station at a given point on its track, allowing the battery to recharge while the unit is drawing AC power.
For more details on how a battery-operated stair lift works, please contact our stair lift experts by dialing 1 (888) 301-2610.
Why buy an AmeriGlide Stairlift? We can give you 10 reasons.
The following Ten Best Reasons to Buy an AmeriGlide Stair lift comes directly from the President of AmeriGlide.
- Quality: AmeriGlide refuses to have the quality of our stair lifts surpassed by any manufacturer. We back our quality up with a 10-Year Drive Train Warranty and a 5-Year Parts Warranty. Please see the warranty section of our site for details.
- Reliability: Each part of the AmeriGlide stairway lift has been designed to make sure you can depend on your lift when you need it most. Little things have been added such as a power indicator light on the track assuring you that unit is ready to use. The aircraft cable in the drive system is rated 4,200 lbs. breaking strength. A spare fuse is under the 115-volt plug so you can replace it yourself if necessary. The motor and gear have been tested in excess of 30,000 cycles equal to 16 years of use and neither showed excessive wear. Last but not least, AmeriGlide stair lifts do not have circuit boards which are prone to failure for a host of reasons from power surge, lightning, to poor construction.
- Minimal Maintenance: As strange as this may sound for a mechanical device, there is simply very little maintenance required for the AmeriGlide stairlift. Lubrication of the track is needed every 4-6 months. Nothing more! The gearbox on the AmeriGlide stairlift is completely sealed, preventing the possibility of oil leaking onto your carpet unlike most lifts that have gearboxes with vent plugs. Also, virtually all other lifts use rack and pinion gears to drive the lift. These must be lubricated with dust-collecting grease to prevent damage from occurring. AmeriGlide?s cable drive system does not require lubrication, allowing you to leave dust-collecting grease in the garage.
- Peace of Mind: The AmeriGlide stairway lift was designed to make sure nothing was missed. Footrest safety sensors stop the lift in either direction should it strike anything on the stairs. The seat is equipped with a seat belt and a safety switch that prevents the unit from running unless the seat is in its proper position. Limit switches shut the unit off in the same place at the top and bottom of the stairs automatically. This is our way of offering you and your family member's peace of mind regarding your safety.
- Comfort/Safety: The AmeriGlide stairlift has a wide, thick, padded seat that folds up when not in use. The large rocker switch on the arm of your choice and a 180-degree swivel seat make using the lift simple. The fold-up footrest adjusts give your feet support and the backrest makes sure you are as comfortable as when you are sitting in your favorite chair. Every facet of the lift was designed to enable you to relax and enjoy using your AmeriGlide Stairlift.
- Flexibility: The AmeriGlide stairway lift can be placed on either side of a staircase, and the unit control can be placed in either arm. By adding or cutting the track, you can modify the length of the unit should you ever need to relocate. Standard call controls are mounted on the floor at each end of the staircase and can be placed on the wall and operated by hand. Either location allows you to call the lift to you regardless of where the lift is on the track. This flexibility enhances the resale value of the lift, and yes, the warranty is transferable should you decide to resell your lift!
- Easy Installation: AmeriGlide stairlifts were designed and engineered from start to finish with homeowner installation as the end objective. The result is a stairlift that is unsurpassed in ease of installation. The heaviest part of the lift is 100 pounds allowing for a true one man installation. We have eliminated any stripping or connecting of individual wires and created a system that simplifies installation of the base unit onto the track.
- Technical Support/Service: Our technical department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:30pm. We will not be surpassed by any manufacturer in service or support.
- Warranty: Our warranty is unsurpassed in the industry. We offer the only 5 year warranty on 100% of the component parts of our lift. No exceptions, no exclusions, no games!
- Value: The AmeriGlide stairlift is the best value in the industry today. Of course, we have the best price, but value is more than just price. We also provide all the elements that create value for our customers, including quality, service, support, reliability, and warranty. We want to thank you for considering AmeriGlide as your stair lift solution. You can pay more for a stair lift, but you can't buy more value than AmeriGlide Stairlifts. Let us help you regain your freedom with AmeriGlide Stairlifts.